The Louisville Sports Commission is a not-for-profit organization committed to attracting, creating and hosting sports-related events and opportunities that have a positive economic impact, enhance the image of the greater Louisville area and improve the quality of life for area residents and sports enthusiasts.
Become an Insider today! What are the benefits?
- Louisville hosted the 37th Ryder Cup, one of the most prestigious golfing events in the world.
- Louisville has hosted the Kentucky Derby, the oldest continuous sporting event in the United States, for 138 consecutive years.
- Louisville has hosted four NCAA Final Four Basketball Tournaments, seven NCAA Elite Eight Tournaments, and college conference championship events, national and state high school tournaments and national amateur championship events too numerous to mention.
- 40,000 people filled Papa John's Cardinal Stadium to see The US Women's Soccer Team, the second largest crowd ever to watch a women's soccer game.
- Louisville holds four of the top seven attendance figures in Breeder's Cup history.
- On the two occasions the PGA Championship has been held in Louisville, every available ticket was sold out a full year in advance.
- The largest attendance in USA Volleyball Girls National Championship and National Field Archery Tournament histories have been when the events where held in Louisville.
- Major events in Louisville in 2010: Hoop it Up World Championships, Masters Road National Championships, Ford Ironman Louisville, NBL Grand Nationals, 2010 Greater Louisville Cross Country Classic, US Footy National Championships, U.S. Gran Prix of Cyclocross, and the NCAA DII Fall Festival.
- Enhanced Community Exposure and Participation
- Development of the Greater Louisville Area
- Promote Healthy Lifestyles within the Community
- Create Economic Growth in a Local Market
- Bring More Sporting Events to Louisville
- Stay Connected to YOUR City!!!
to learn more!