- Recognized in Sports Illustrated’s 50th Anniversary as the “Sportstown of Kentucky”
- Recipient of five consecutive ASA “James Farrell Awards of Excellence” and four BPA “Park of the Year” Awards
- Host of the two largest national championships in ASA’s 77-year history
- Conducted 430 Fast Pitch Softball Games in 6 days for the 2006 ASA Girls Class A Fast Pitch National Championship
- 2 large baseball/softball complexes, 20 additional baseball/softball parks, 2 ten-field soccer complexes, 5 indoor/outdoor swimming facilities, a new 4-field football complex, 20 gymnasiums and 22 tennis courts
- The SportsCenter- a 6,000-seat indoor arena
- 120,000 square feet of meeting space available at the Executive Inn Rivermont
- 6,000 hotel rooms within 30 minutes of all venues
- Greenbelt Park surrounds the city limits for easy access to walking and biking
Owensboro Convention Center
Opening in January of 2014, this multi-purpose facility will host a wide variety of indoor sporting events. For more information visit owensboro-conventioncenter.com.
Edge Ice Center
This modern ice skating facility hosts numerous hockey tournaments, hockey leagues, figure skating competitions and public skating sessions. For more information visit owensboroparks.org.
Owensboro Tennis Center
Scheduled to open late in 2013, the new Owensboro Tennis Center will be ideal for hosting your next tennis event. For more information visit owensborotennis.net.
Owensboro Softball Complex is located in Jack C. Fisher Park
at 3900 West 5th Street
Road. This first-class complexprovides four lighted softball fields, a field
house with concession, and announcer's area. It has been the host of many
local, state, regional and national tournaments. It also provides fields for
our leagues and local schools.
Panther Creek Park,
5160 Wayne Bridge Road,
contains six baseball/softball diamonds which accommodate softball and
tournaments, Daviess County Church League and the Owensboro / Daviess County Babe Ruth
All fields are lighted with scoreboards and there are also on-site
cages available. There are two concession stands available for
boasts two Amazing Ten Field Soccer Complexes.Thompson Berry Soccer
located on Raven Drive off US 60 W., has been the home to numerous
tournaments, but with the addition of the newly opened Horse Fork
Soccer Complex at 3005 Fairview, Owensboro can host Soccer
tournaments of almost any size.
Owensboro also has a State of the
art four field football Complex.
Waymond Morris Park, at 5200 Todd Bridge Road just south of
to host numerous large youth football events each year.